CPD made easy with GPCE

From 1 January 2023, the Medical Board of Australia (MBA)* introduced some major changes for all doctors practicing in Australia, including:

  • The introduction of CPD Homes
  • The introduction of professional development plans (PDPs) for all doctors
  • A requirement for doctors to complete different types of CPD to improve the value of their professional development
  • A requirement to complete 50 hours of CPD each year

What are the new annual CPD requirements?

Submit your CPD plan

At the start of each year, doctors must
define their goals for the year ahead and build a professional development plan

Complete 50 hours of CPD activities

Each year, doctors must complete 50 hours of CPD education, across three areas (see breakdown below)

Submit self assessment and reflection

At the end of each year, doctors must review and reflect on their activities

How are the 50 hours broken down?

How can GPCE help you meet these requirements?

GPCE is well placed to assist you to meet all your CPD requirements each year.  Our education sessions are clearly labelled with the number of hours for the CPD activities that they relate to.

We continue to accredit our our education with the RACGP and ACRRM.  As a Major Education Provider with the RACGP, we are best placed to continue to meet your CPD needs.

GPs will be able to meet 90% of their requirement at GPCE Sydney and GPCE Melbourne, and make up the remaining 10% with the individual PDP submissions. For those attending GPCE Perth or GPCE Brisbane, you’ll be able to meet half of your requirement, and then close the gap by earning more hours via our sister platform, ThinkGP.

If, in future, you choose a different CPD home, you can download a certificate for any CPD activities you complete and self-report your hours.